after Tahoe and the adventure with the snow we stayed in Redding in a dodgy hotel but very cheap. Drove to Mt Shasta, an ex-volcano and had a play in the snow. I then took over th driving!! OMG, Jane navigated us through the highest and scariest roads in California!! It was fun and I don't think I scared them too much with my driving!
WE finally got through the mountains and reached our goal - Eureka! (that is the name of the town - not a shout for joy!)
This is a very dodgy town...We stayed with a lot of rednecks who I am sure were on he run from the law, or should have been. Despite the danger it was worth staying here as it is the home of the giant redwoods. We were sure that we found the biggest...although they say it is a secret where they are. We visited th cheese factory ...lots of people raving over it, but nothing compares to Cracker Barrel or Mersey Valley!!
Up the coast - to Lincoln City! Stopped a some absolutely stunning places along the coast! Seals, a great aquarium at Newport, great Clam chowder...Addicted to it now!! Best of all a factory outlet centre...with Baby Gap!! Ken stayed and did the laundry.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment