Saturday, May 8, 2010

Day 5 -6 Morro Bay to Monterey

We could not drive past the very famous Hearst Castle. This is more than just another tourist trap, this is an unbelievable experience. Worth a look on the web to see the grandeur of the place. Decadence and wealth at its best (or worst)!
Just down the road from there is a huge colony of elephant seals. We gt fairly up close to them which was a buzz!
Then the drive....not many places like it. Maybe Amalfi comes close, but is not as long. Had many discussions on what the "Big Sur" was and I got it right. It is just a forest. But spectacular.
Arrived Monterey.
The aim of going to Monterey was to go to the aquarium. It was very good, however as I am an aquarium junkie, I would say it is not the absolute best I have been to. We then walked Cannery Row. Very touristy but you can see what it may have been like...without the smell.
Winery time...could not resist some of the wineries around here. Very good wine...bought a few bottles, even a very exxy red, can't wait to drink it!

1 comment:

  1. Agree that that trip up the coast is pretty azazing but it is up there with the 12 apostles not to mention the sea cliff bridge?

    ReplyDelete